DFIR Monterey 2015
Join us at DFIR Monterey 2015 - a Reverse Engineering Digital Forensics and Incident Response Education (REDFIRE) Event.
This unique Digital Forensics and Incident Response (DFIR) event brings our most popular forensics courses, instructors, and bonus seminars together in one place to offer one of SANS most comprehensive DFIR training experiences. This is a must-attend event for you and your team as our leading experts focus on building the DFIR skills that will take you to that next level.
The objective of the DFIR Monterey 2015 challenge is simple: Download the network forensics dataset and attempt to answer the 6 questions. To successfully submit for the contest, all answers must be attempted. Each person that correctly answers 4 of the 6 questions will be entered into a drawing to win a FREE DFIR OnDemand course. The contest ends on February 3, 2015 and we will announce the winner by February 9, 2015. Good luck!
Win a free DFIR OnDemand course by downloading the network forensic dataset and answering the following questions.
To successfully submit for the contest. All answers must be attempted. Please include your name and email address.
The winner will be able to choose from the below DFIR OnDemand courses:
- SEC504: Hacker Techniques, Exploits & Incident Handling
- FOR408: Windows Forensics In-Depth
- FOR508: Advanced Digital Forensics and Incident Response
- FOR526: Memory Forensics In-Depth
- FOR572: Advanced Network Forensics and Analysis
- FOR585: Advanced Smartphone Forensics
- FOR610: Reverse-Engineering Malware: Malware Analysis Tools and Techniques
SANS OnDemand is the world's leading comprehensive online training for information security professionals. OnDemand offers more than 25 SANS courses whenever and wherever you want from your computer (Windows, Mac, and Linux), iPad or Android tablet. OnDemand allows you to learn at your own pace, spend extra time on complex principles, reinforce concepts with quizzes, and repeat lab exercises - all of which increases your retention of the course material.
Your course enrollment gives you printed course books, CD/DVDs/USBs/Toolkits for hands-on exercises (as applicable), four months of online access to our OnDemand e-learning platform featuring a top SANS instructor presenting the material, quizzes, and synchronized video demonstrations/interactive labs (as applicable).
- Entry: Each participant may respond only once for the challenge. Contest begins on Monday, December 1, 2014 and ends Tuesday, February 3rd 2015. Responses must be submitted by 9pm EST on February 3rd.
- Prize: Each person that correctly answers at least 4 of the 6 questions will be entered into a drawing to win a FREE DFIR OnDemand course. SANS will choose only one winner, the seat is transferable to another in the same organization/company and does not include a certification attempt. The winner will be chosen by February 9th, 2015 and will be notified by email.
Questions regarding the challenge? Please send to DFIR-Challenge "at" sans.org. (DFIR-Challenge@sans.org )