We're delighted to announce a Twitter-based contest here with a fantastic prize. And, participating in this one is really easy. Check it out.
On February 3rd through 10th, SANS will be running our fourth annual Cyber Threat Intelligence Summit & Training (https://www.sans.org/event/cyber-threat-intelligence-summit-2016) in Alexandria, VA. This event will focus on enabling organizations to build effective cyber threat intelligence analysis capabilities.
Here's what your peers had to say about last year's Summit:
"Great content, almost all of it was very useful for orgs looking to build or mature/expand their CTI program." Alex Garcia, American Express
"The summit provides great insight into an area in much need of clarification. I highly recommend attending." Christopher Cruz, Law Enforcement
"The cyber threat intelligence summit is great for keeping current on the evolving and important topic in the InfoSec field." Michael Macado, RingCentral, Inc.
The prize for our new Twitter contest is FREE admission to the two-day Summit at the start of CTI on February 3-4. You'll experience some great talks, learn super useful information, and participate in great networking opportunities.
How do you enter? It's easy — just snap a picture of yourself with one of the items listed below and tweet the photo to @sansforensics (https://twitter.com/sansforensics) with the hashtag #CTISummit. Contest runs Monday, January 11, 2016 — Monday, January 18, 2016:
- Photo of yourself holding a SANS Lethal Forensicator Coin
- Photo of yourself holding the DFIR Forensicator Lego figure
- Photo of yourself wearing a SANS DFIR T-shirt or NetWars T-shirt
- Photo of yourself with a SANS DFIR instructor
- Photo of yourself with any SANS item (book, shirt, etc.)
- Photo of yourself with this SANS DFIR website visible (in a browser, on a screen, or even printed out on paper)
Each person who tweets a photo will be entered into a drawing to win one FREE admission to the CTI Summit February 3-4. The contest ends on Monday, January 18, 2016 and we will announce the winner on Tuesday, January 19, 2016 at 5pm EST. The more creative the photo, the better...anything goes, just keep it clean and family friendly. Some more detailed rules follow below.
Have fun & good luck!
1. Entry: Contest begins on Monday, January 11, 2016 and ends Monday, January 18, 2016. Responses must be submitted by 11:59pm EST on Thursday, January 19th. Each participant may enter an arbitrary number of times for the challenge.
2. Prize: Each person that correctly submits a photo including the hashtag #CTISummit will be entered into a drawing to win a FREE seat at the CTI Summit this February. SANS will choose only one winner. The seat is transferable to another in the same organization/company. The winner will be chosen on Tuesday, January 19, 2016 and will be notified via Twitter.
3. Odds of Winning: The odds of winning the contest depend upon the total number of all eligible entries received in the contest period, regardless of method of participation.
4. Release of Liability: SANS Institute is not responsible for lost, late, or unintelligible entries, lost connections, miscommunications, failed transmissions, other technical difficulties or failures.