Love is in the air and we at SANS DFIR want to celebrate February, the month of love and friendship. To show how much we care about our follower friends, we have created the #ThreatHuntingSummit Twitter contest. This contest comes with a fantastic prize, check it out!
On April 12th through 19th, SANS along with advisory partner, Carbon Black will be running the Threat Hunting & Incident Response Summit & Training in New Orleans, LA. The two-day Summit features talks from incident response and detection experts who are actively hunting for threats and stopping the most recent and sophisticated attacks against organizations. Additionally, if you are interested in attending our training in New Orleans, the event is also running six world-class SANS courses on April 14-19 to further help you enrich your threat hunting skills.
So, we want to give you the opportunity to attend the two-day Summit (A $1595 VALUE!) on April 12-13 for FREE . The lucky winner will be able to experience these great talks, learn super useful information, and participate in great networking opportunities. The Contest runs Sunday, February 14, 2016 to Monday, February 29, 2016.
How do you enter?
It's easy — just snap a picture of yourself and tweet the photo to @sansforensics with the hashtag #ThreatHuntingSummit. Make sure tag your favorite friends, instructors or loved ones in each.
Here are some ideas to get your creative juices flowing:
- Photo of yourself holding a SANS Lethal Forensicator Coin
- Photo of yourself holding the DFIR Forensicator Lego figure
- Photo of yourself and a friend (make sure to tag your friend) wearing a SANS shirt, DFIR T-shirt or NetWars T-shirt
- Photo of yourself with a SANS DFIR instructor (here is your opportunity to show your appreciation for our instructors so be extra creative?and make sure to tag him or her too!)
- A group picture of you and your friends holding a SANS item (book, poster, shirt)?
- Photo of yourself with the SANS DFIR website visible (in a browser, on a screen, or even printed out on paper)
The sky is the limit. The main purpose of this contest is to show your creative skills but above all, have fun!
We will announce the winner on Wednesday, March 2, 2016.
Remember!, the more creative and fun your picture is the better...anything goes, just keep it clean and family friendly. Some more detailed rules follow below.
Have fun & good luck!
1. Entry: Contest begins on Sunday, February 14, 2016 and ends Monday, February 29, 2016. Responses must be submitted by 11:59pm EST on Monday, February 29, 2016. Each participant may enter an arbitrary number of times for the challenge.
2. Prize: Each person that correctly submits a photo including the hashtag #ThreatHuntingSummit will be entered into a drawing to win a FREE seat at the Threat Hunting & Incident Response Summit this February. SANS will choose only one winner. The seat is transferable to another individual in the same organization/company. The winner will be chosen on Wednesday, March 2, 2016 and will be notified via Twitter.
3. Odds of Winning: The odds of winning the contest depend upon the total number of all eligible entries received in the contest period, regardless of method of participation.
4. Release of Liability: SANS Institute is not responsible for lost, late, or unintelligible entries, lost connections, miscommunications, failed transmissions, other technical difficulties or failures.