Master computer forensics. Learn critical investigation techniques. With today's ever-changing technologies and environments, it is inevitable that organizations will deal with some form of cybercrime. These forms include, but are not exclusive to, fraud, insider threat, industrial espionage, and phishing. In order to help solve these cases, organizations are hiring digital forensic professionals and calling cybercrime law enforcement agents to fight and solve these cyber crimes.
When a person obtains the Global Information Assurance Certification Forensic Examiner (GCFE) ensure that all candidates who successfully pass the exam have the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to acquire and examine evidence from digital systems to find and recover known essential artifacts to prove or disprove a fact in order to produce a formal report or presentation that could be used internally or in civil/criminal litigation.
The GCFE certification is for professionals working or interested in the information security, legal and law enforcement industries with a need to understand computer forensic analysis. The certification focuses on core skills required to collect and analyze data from Windows computer systems.
The GCFE certifies that candidates have the knowledge, skills, and ability to conduct typical incident investigations including e-Discovery, forensic analysis and reporting, evidence acquisition, browser forensics and tracing user and application activities on Windows systems.
Certified Skills that GCFEs Possess
- Digital Forensics Essentials
- Windows File System Basics
- Fundamental Forensic Methodology
- Evidence Acquisition Tools and Techniques
- Law Enforcement Bag and Tag
- Evidence Integrity
- Presentation and Reporting of Evidence and Analysis
- Windows XP, VISTA, and Windows 7 Investigation and Analysis
- Windows In-Depth Registry Forensics
- Tracking User Activity
- USB Device Tracking and Analysis
- Memory, Pagefile, and Unallocated Artifact Carving
- Facebook, Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo Chat and Webmail Analysis
- E-mail Forensics (Host, Server, Web)
- Microsoft Office Document Analysis
- Windows Link File Investigation
- Windows Recycle Bin Analysis
- File and Picture Metadata Tracking and Examination
- Prefetch Analysis
- Firefox and Internet Explorer Browser Forensics
- InPrivate Browsing Recover
- Deleted File Recovery
- String Searching and Data Carving
- Fully Updated to include full Windows 7 and Server 2008 Examinations
- Examine cases involving Windows XP, VISTA, and Windows 7