The 2013 Digital Forensics & Incident Response Summit & Training, taking place in Austin, TX is fast approaching.
Why should you attend the DFIR Summit & Training? Listen to what your peers have to say:
- "The Summit has been fantastic. It's a great collection of people working on and talking about incredible work. Everyone is pushing the limits of our field." Alex Bond, Tagged
- "The amount of IR expertise collected in this venue should by rights cause a collapse of some kind." Monica Martinez, SFASU
- "All I can say is "Wow" I had no idea this Summit provided all this information. Everyone involved with computer technology field should attend this kind of training & knowledge." Paul Cantu, Brownsville PD
"The summit is unique to that it brings the best speakers, content, and attendees together to share and discuss issues that face the DFIR community." Brad Garnett, Gibson Co Sheriff's Office
Post-Summit Training Courses - July 11 - 16, 2013
SANS top notch Digital Forensic training with courses on network forensics, reverse engineering malware, digital forensic analysis, incident response and smartphone forensics.
DFIR Summit ? July 9 -10, 2013
In addition to receiving 8 CPE credit each day, you will hear from many of the best minds in DFIR who will share lessons they have learned. You'll have the opportunity to attend sessions taking place Tuesday and Wednesday within two tracks. And you won't want to miss the DFIR SANS 360 taking place Wednesday afternoon. During this hour you will hear from 10-12 DFIR experts; each speaker has 360 seconds (6 minutes) to deliver their high impact message to you!
DFIR NetWars ? July 13 - 14, 2013
SANS DFIR NetWars will be at the event! Join us for a hands-on, interactive learning environment that enables Digital Forensics and Incident Response (DFIR) professionals
to develop and master the skills they need to excel in their field.
DFIR NetWars is designed to help participants develop skills in several DFIR critical areas:
File and Packet Analysis
25+ speakers from a variety of companies will cover exceptional content throughout the two-day Summit. The agenda will cover the following exciting talks and much more.
- File System Journaling Forensics Theory, Procedures and Analysis Impacts
- The "Trusted" Insider Theft of Intellectual Property and Trade Secrets
- Volatile IOC's for Fast Incident Response
- Johnny AppCompatCache: The Ring of Malware
- iOS Device Forensics on a Budget ? CyberPoint, LLC
- Offense Informs Defense, or does it? - Open Source Threat Intelligence
- Automating Malware Analysis with Cuckoo Sandbox
- Hunting Attackers with Network Audit Trails
- Autopsy 3: Extensive Open Source Forensics
- Timeline Analysis by Categories
- The 7 Sins of Malware Analysis
- Plaso ? Reinventing the Super Timeline ? Google
- Timeline Creation and review, GUI Style!
- Building, Maturing, and Rocking a Security Operations Center
- ICS, SCADA, and Non-Traditional Incident Response
- Restoring Credential Integrity after and Enterprise Intrusion
- Facilitating Fluffy Forensics (a.k.a. Considerations for Cloud Forensics)
- Detecting Data Loss from Cloud Synchronization Applications
- Cyber Nightmares: Red October & Shamoon
And many more?
DFIR's Biggest Names:
- Brian Carrier
- David Cowen
- Stacey Edwards
- Kristinn Gudjonsson
- Andrew Hay
- Corey Harrell
- Warren Kruse
- Kyle Maxwell
- David Nides
- Jake Williams
And countless others?
TRAINING COURSE DETAILS
FOR408 - Computer Forensic Investigations ? Windows In-Depth
FOR526 ? Windows Memory Forensics In-Depth (NEW)
FOR610 - Reverse-Engineering Malware: Malware Analysis Tools and Techniques
FOR508 - Advanced Computer Forensic Analysis and Incident Response
Stay connected via twitter, using hashtag #DFIRsummit, to hear
announcements and discussions surrounding the Summit.
You can also obtain
the latest SANS Computer Forensics & Incident Response information by visiting http://computer-forensics.sans.org/